Rounding Up Easter

Well, I'm back at work after the Easter holidays and it's all very calm and sedate. The sun has been desperately trying to push it's way through the blue grey clouds all week and shine down on a series of decidedly dull days. The sun did manage to make an appearance over last weekend though, allowing my family and I the great privilege of being able to get out and spend the final throes of the Easter holiday doing something fun.

Saturday afternoon, and while my eldest spent his afternoon at Scouts, we were in Belem, enjoying a brief trip into the Electricity Museum, a picnic and some time on the play park. The temporary exhibit in the Electricity Museum entitled "Laughter" was now gone and in it's place a youth orchestra was playing in rehearsals for some concert or other that very evening. If we'd known about it earlier my wife and I might have had the gumption to try and book us a sitter and make ourselves a cultural evening out enjoying the music. So anyway, we rushed round the "boring" aspects of the museum, past the furnaces and transformers, to the interactive part where the children could play and learn about how electricity works. All good fun.

Sunday morning was spent out with the children. I had pumped up the tyres and raised the seat a little on my daughter's bike before we all set out down the road to play with bikes, scooters and radio controlled cars on the new (and therefore unused, safe and car free) road across the way. It was a perfect Sunday morning, spending some quality time with the kids, even with the traditional, almost obligatory grazed knee.

Estoril Praia played hosts in the afternoon to a team called Nacional, beating them 4-0. Result! It was an amazing and exciting game to watch, with the first three goals all coming in the first 11 minutes of play. A red card in the 49th minute landed the Yellows goal number four. More importantly though, this means that Estoril are back in fifth position in the league table and therefore in with a very real chance of securing a place in the next Europa League. By my reckoning, with five games to go, two of which are likely wins, and two likely loses, a win against Setubal in a fortnight's time is crucial in achieving this. Vamos Amarelo!

So that was it. The Easter holiday is done and dusted. And now I find myself looking forward in anticipation of the long Summer Holidays. Right now it's still a matter of counting the weeks, but I'm sure as the weeks pass by, I will start counting the days. And regards the weather? Well the chit chat among many of my work colleagues is fast becoming a resounding, "Two weeks; And then it'll be lovely."

No comments:

Post a Comment